Best Softball Hitting Drill - Slap Drill
Published: July 8, 2020
- Athletes practicing softball hitting off the tee at full speed ensures you get the most out of slapping the balls as a left-hand hitter.
- In this video, Erin McGonigal shows softball players how to practice a softball slap hitting drill.
- One of the components you want to think about and focus on when you are moving through the box is doing it at full speed with confidence.
- You may miss it altogether, but the important thing is to go at full speed and get that swing contact and get on the field to first base as fast as you can.
- The important thing in this process is for softball hitters to take a powerful swing and to strike at full speed, right back at that pitcher."
In this video, Erin McGonigal shows how to practice a softball slap hitting drill:
"Hi, my name is Erin McGonigal and I am a new softball instructor at the Elkhorn Training Camp. The second step to slapping is going to be moving through the box. One thing you want to think about when you are moving through the box is doing it at full speed. You are cheating yourself if you are not doing it at full speed, that is an advantage of a left-hand slapper.
Sometimes you may miss-hit the ball. You may miss it altogether, but the important thing is to go at full speed and get that contact and get to first base as fast as you can. What I am going to do is I am going to show you that. Just simply off of the tee. I may not be perfect, but that is okay. Full speed.
I will show you one more time. Make sure you run directly at the pitcher because then you will pull off the ball. You will miss that outside pitch. The important thing is to go full speed, right back at that pitcher."